The following information will be mandatory to prepare your bankruptcy petition. You will receive forms at you initial meeting that will help you through this process.
- A list of all your creditors. The list should include
- Name and address of each creditor
- Account Numbers (if available)
- approximate amount owed
- copies of the most recent bills you’ve received from each creditor is helpful
- a recent credit report is helpful
- Copies of paycheck stubs for the past six months. If you do not have check stubs, then write out how much you make per month, gross and net, and list the taxes and insurance payments that are deducted from your paycheck.
- A general list of your household goods and property, with each items market value (think yard sale value)
- A list of all your vehicles (cars, trucks, boats, RVs, 4-wheelers), with make, model, name and address of the lien holder and amount of lien.
- A list of all your real estate/property with description, lien holder, balance and value (tax and/or appraisal).
- Copies bank statements for each of your accounts for the past 12 months. We will need the 12 months before the date we file your petition, so it is best to wait until we have scheduled your final appointment to review and sign your petition to bring these to us.
- Copies of the last two years state and federal tax returns with W2s.
- Once you retain us, you can stop paying you creditors. However, continue paying rent, utilities and any creditors that have secured claims for which you want to retain the collateral securing the claim (like you house or car).
- When creditors call you, tell them that you have retained an attorney for bankruptcy, give them my name and telephone number, tell them to never call you again and hang up. Once creditors learn that you have retained an attorney, they are prohibited by law from contacting you. Please let me know if any creditor harasses you.
Please call if you have any questions.