- Meet with your attorney. Depending on your case you may need to meet with an attorney on several occasions.
- Provide us with all of the requested information and/or documentation (i.e. list of household goods, expenses, income, bank statements, tax returns, etc.). Download your forms on our downloads page.
- Meet with your attorney to review and sign your final bankruptcy petition. Your petition cannot be filed until you review it with us, verify that all information is correct and sign the petition.
- Pay all fees and court costs. Your petition will not be filed until your balances are paid in full.
- Complete the Pre-Filing Credit Counseling Briefing through Ontrack (1-800-737-5485) or online through Hummingbird Credit Counseling (www.hbcce.org).
These steps are the basic steps that occur in almost all bankruptcy cases. Each case is different, and you may be required to perform more steps than the ones contemplated above. As your attorney, we will be sure to discuss each step with you and assist you throughout the bankruptcy process. Please do not hesitate to call if you have any questions or concerns. We thank you for the opportunity to be of assistance during this difficult time.