Laura Ceva is an Asheville based trial lawyer focusing her legal skill and experience on helping people with issues related to foreclosure and loss mitigation, as well debt relief through bankruptcy.
A part of a large, tightly-knit family, Laura has a deep appreciation for the impact financial distress has on the family unit. She cares deeply about the turbulence caused to families facing foreclosure, who are victimized by fraudulent credit reporting, antagonized by the hassles purchasing a lemon can cause, or rendered unable to repay astronomic student loan debt.
Environmentally and fiscally focused, Laura is a long time proponent of environmental responsibility and has dedicated countless hours of service to this cause. An animal rights and care activist, Laura has been a foster for nearly a decade, supporting no-kill shelters in helping to rehabilitate abused animals so they can thrive in a family setting. In the last few years, Laura has served as emergency transport guardian to at-risk and troubled teens to programs like Outward Bound.
Through Laura’s new private practice, she has established a foundation of excellence both through service to her clients’ legal needs, and through support of the local community. This allowed her to expand her services to people in financial distress in Western North Carolina, when she joined forces with Kight Law Office in an Of Counsel capacity in late 2017.
- VERMONT LAW SCHOOL, South Royalton, VT
- Juris Doctor, May 2010
- Masters of Environmental Law and Policy, May 2011
- CLEMSON UNIVERSITY, Clemson, SC
- Bachelor of Arts cum laude, Philosophy of Law, Liberty, & Justice, May 2007
- Minor, Environmental Science & Policy
- North Carolina State Bar
- Admitted to practice before all North Carolina State Courts
- 28th Judicial District Bar
- KIGHT LAW OFFICE, Of Counsel, Bankruptcy & Debt Relief Attorney, December 2017 – present
- CEVA LAW FIRM, Consumer Protection Attorney, September 2014 – present
- SOBOLESKI LAW, PC, Asheville, NC, Attorney, May 2011 – August, 2014; Represent homeowners facing foreclosure
- SOUTHERN APPALACHIAN HIGHLANDS CONSERVANCY, Asheville, NC, Legal Intern, September 2010 – January 2011
- SOUTH ROYALTON LEGAL CLINIC, South Royalton, VT, Legal Intern, January 2010 – May 2010
- LAMOILLE COUNTY PUBLIC DEFENDER, Hyde Park, VT, Intern, May 2009 – August 2009
- VERMONT DEFENDER GENERAL, Montpelier, VT, Prisoners’ Rights Office Intern, May 2009 – August 2009
- RURAL VERMONT (an advocacy group for family farmers in VT), Montpelier, VT
Brother Wolf Animal Rescue, Foster Home / Volunteer 2012 – present
National Lawyers Guild (NLG), Anti-Capitalism Film Series planning co-chair 2010; Agricultural Film Series; planning co-chair 2009; Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP) event planning co-chair 2008 – 2009;
Member 2007 – present : participate in planning educational events at Vermont Law School for the community and student body addressing various human rights and social justice issues
Food and Agriculture Law Society (FALS), Member 2010
Royalton Roots, Member / Volunteer 2010
Northern New England Dog Rescue (NNEDR), Foster Home / Volunteer 2008 – 2010
Hooved Animal Sanctuary, Volunteer 2007 – 2010
Students for Environmental Awareness (SEA) (Clemson, SC), President 2006 – 2007; Treasurer 2005 – 2006; Member 2004 – 2007
Philosophical Society of Clemson, President 2006 – 2007; Vice-President 2005 – 2006; Member 2004 – 2007
Gamma Sigma Sigma, National Service Organization (Clemson, SC), Breast Cancer Fundraising Chair 2005 – 2006
Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation; Member 2004-2007
South Carolina Students for Sustainable Campuses & Communities, Clemson Representative 2006 – 2007